Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy 2007

Happy New Year all! May it be a joyous, peaceful, and fulfilling 2007. "All things are become new". I love the sense of freshness, newness, and great possibility that comes with the new year.

I rang in the new year with my parents and a group of wonderful people at a friend's home in Georgetown, having just returned from vacation in California and Idaho. Last night, we borrowed a Cuban tradition, in which you eat 12 grapes at the stroke of midnight (12 probably denoting the 12 strokes) and make a wish for each one. Several of us had wished for a resolution this year of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and thought of the ripple effects that would have for the region, us, and the world!

I'm so grateful for all the feedback I received from the op-ed and I look forward to answering those who wrote and also posting some responses on this blog. Stay tuned...

Warmest and best wishes for the new year,

Janessa

No comments: